In order to ride, students must wear long pants such as jeans, breeches or jodphurs and heeled boots with a flat sole and 1"heel. Please, no ski pants or sneakers. Helmets are required for all riders. These are provided, but you are welcome to bring your own if you have one (equine helmets only, no bike helmets).
Remember to dress appropriately for the weather.
All students must submit a signed 2018 Release Form in order to ride. This must be signed by the student or parent/legal guardian if student is a minor. While we will have forms available, we advise that you print the form prior to your lesson and bring the signed copy with you to ensure your lesson begins on time.
If for some reason you will not be able to make it to your lesson, please cancel or reschedule at least 24 hours in advance. Lessons canceled within less than 24 hours will be charged the full lesson fee.
*Exception to this policy: when severe weather is present (sirens have sounded, KFDI has a severe weather alert/warning), illness, family emergencies.
Riders must be at least 4 years of age and must not exceed 220lbs. These measures are in place for both horse and rider safety.
Visitors and Accompanying Guests
We always enjoy visitors and guests or parents accompanying our students! To ensure the safety of all humans and animals at WRA please kindly follow these guidelines during your visit:
- Please silence all cell phones and other devices that create sudden loud noises.
- Please refrain from exploring the grounds unaccompanied. If you would like to schedule a tour, please speak with a member of our staff.
- During lessons, please enjoy watching from the comfort and safety of our viewing area. Please refrain from providing your own input or instruction.
- If possible, we ask that all our visitors and guests please wear closed-toed shoes and long pants.
- Please refrain from running or jumping near the horses. For little ones who need a safe space to play, please enjoy our playground.
- Do not open or enter any stall, pasture or paddock of a horse you do not own.
We love our canine family members, but for the safety of everyone at WRA, please leave your pets at home.